Croeso i Blwyddyn 6! Welcome to Year 6!
Wednesday 16th September
Today all the Year 6 pupils have been given a username and password for their very own Doodle account. It is an award winning education tool which I have asked your children to use daily. Don’t worry, it’s designed to be used ‘little but often’ and will greatly benefit your child in English and Maths if used correctly. I will also be asking pupils to complete occasional ‘Extras’ on there for homework from time to time.
Below is a letter from the team at Doodle with links to support pages for parents and carers.
Dear Parents and Carers,
We are pleased to let you know that we are now using DoodleMaths and DoodleEnglish, the award-winning learning programmes, with your child’s class! You’ll find your child’s pass with their username and password attached.
Follow these steps to get started:
● Download the DoodleMaths, DoodleTables, DoodleEnglish and DoodleSpell apps onto an Apple, Android or Amazon device
● Ask your child to sign in using the details on the slip given to them today (remember, it’s case sensitive!)
● Link your parent account by either asking your child to login to the app and tap on Grown Ups or, via parents.doodlemaths.com. Please follow the instructions in this link https://help.doodlehq.com/en/articles/2892158-how-to-link-a-parent-account-to-a-chil d-s-school-account
● Let your child work through their X-a-day exercise without any help – encourage them to do it independently, and if they’re really unsure, guess!
● Log in to parents.doodlemaths.com with your Grown Ups username and password to see how your child is progressing
● Download the DoodleConnect app or log in to the Parent Dashboard to receive progress snapshot updates
● Doodle improves children’s confidence and ability in maths and English. Using the apps for just 10 minutes a day is proven to help children make three months of progress in just one month!
● The intelligent algorithm powering the apps learns what your child’s strengths and weaknesses are and builds a personalised work programme tailored around them
● It’s fun and engaging, with educational games, motivational collectables and regular nation-wide challenges and competitions to take part in!
Encourage your child to be within their target zone by earning their target number of stars per week.
If you have any questions, please visit help.doodlehq.com or speak to the Doodle team by clicking on the chat icon on doodlemaths.com.
Tuesday 8th September
Homework: Choose your favourite book and write a Book Review using the template that I have shared with you on HWB. Please share this work with me on HWB by Tuesday 15th September.
Letters for our trip to the 1940’s Museum were given out today. Please return the consent slips by Friday 18th September. Payment for the trip will need to be made on Squid under the ‘Trip’ section.
Please remember to bring your reading books next Monday:)
Thursday 3rd September 2020
Welcome to our Year 6 class page! It is the responsibility of all of you to check this page regularly for any important messages, homework and this is where you would access your Home Learning in the unlikely event of another lockdown.
We have heard such wonderful things about you all from Mr Smith and we are so excited to support you all in your final year at Tre Uchaf Primary.
Our first topic is all about World War Two and we are planning to introduce you to this exciting topic by venturing out on our first school trip together on Tuesday 22nd September. You will all be given a letter on Tuesday 8th September, which will explain everything you need to know about the trip.
PLEASE NOTE: You will need to bring your PE kit every THURSDAY.
You must bring a Reading Book (anything you enjoy/would like to read etc) every Monday and Tuesday.
Year 6 start school at 8.40am and finish at 2.50pm.
We are looking forward to a great year with you all!
Mrs Davies, Mr Civil and Mrs Tench